Quick Soup for those busy weekday nights
This tortellini soup is one of my go-to recipes. I use this easy recipe when I don’t have a ton of time to get the kids fed and out the door and I always keep these ingredients on hand. You could even add chicken for a heartier soup if you have the time. I usually don’t so I like to make it just plain and simple, no fuss. This is just so easy, even the kids can help.
The soup is able to be frozen and leftovers make for a nice lunch the next day.
Enjoy topped with some extra Parmesan cheese or with some crusty bread…or both!
Get going! What are you waiting for?!
See you at the fields!
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/3 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 1/2 t Pepper
- Dash of Hot Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 Cartons (32oz.) of Chicken Broth
- 2 Packages (9oz each) of Cheese Tortellini
- About 2 cups of Washed Spinach
- 1/3 C freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Crusty Bread (No, stale bread does not count.)
- Garlic, Onion, Basil, Pepper, Hot Pepper Flakes and Olive Oil in small pan until fragrant. Set aside.
- Pour chicken broth into large pot.
- Heat until boiling.
- Toss in Tortellini and bring to a boil. About 8 minutes or until Tortellini are tender. Stir once or twice.
- Turn heat down to low.
- Add sautéed Onion, Garlic and Spices.
- Add Spinach. Stir.
- Heat for about 2 minutes, then serve.
- Top each serving with Parmesan Cheese.
Life in Left Field http://lifeinleftfield.com/