This easy orzo pasta salad recipe is hands down THE BEST family, party, picnic, potluck recipe out there.
It’s absolutely delicious. It feeds the masses. It is beautiful.
No one. I repeat. NO ONE can resist the sundried tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, pine nuts and kalamata olives. I have taken this to so many gatherings and there is ALWAYS someone who asks me for the recipe.
Now I can make it easy share the orzo recipe and send them here! I had so many recipe requests, it was to the point that I had a draft email with the recipe so I didn’t have to continually retype it out. THAT is how good this is, people. This will easily become a new family favorite and tradition.
This makes such a big portion too. That makes it perfect for picnics, holidays, potlucks. Leftovers make a great side dish – for the week! Everyone will be able to enjoy this easy orzo pasta recipe.
Super easy to make too. Just some choppin’ and some toastin’ then some tossin’.
And LOTS of eatin’!!!
Kalamata olives, Balsamic vinegar, Sundried Tomatoes, Garlic, Parmesan cheese, Basil…um yeahhhhhh.
That’s all I needed to read too.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my Asiago Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1lb Orzo Pasta
- 1/2 C Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 C Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1/2 C Sundried Tomatoes, minced
- 1/2 C Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 small head Radicchio, cored and finely chopped
- 5 T Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and cool in large bowl.
- Toast pine nuts on stovetop with some olive oil, just until starting to brown.
- Combine all else after chopping, toasting, mincing, grating.
- Combine vinegar and garlic.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil
- Drizzle over salad, toss
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Alternative add-in: Pepperoni